Are you passionate about leveraging the latest tech tools for social good? Are you skilled at developing a coordinated strategy integrating web, email, social media, mobile and offline elements of a marketing or local advocacy campaign? Maybe you started doing community organizing and moved into digital or maybe you’re a techie or online marketing professional who is interested in working in the nonprofit sector. Most importantly, you’re excited to be at the forefront of this rapidly evolving field and to use your skills and experience towards the goal of making sure that all children in our community have access to excellent public schools.
This position reports to the director of development and communications and will be lead for designing and implementing an integrated online/digital strategy that builds broad awareness, engagement, and power in support of Innovate’s mission and programs.
- Lead Innovate’s online engagement strategy and build out and maintain our interconnected communications systems.
- Create online campaigns that integrate website, email, social media, video, online tools and graphics to move people to action.
- Provide significant support for the redesign and relaunch of the existing website and the new blog.
- Work closely with the director of research and policy and external partners on the development of our online schools database for parents, ensuring a smooth user experience and integration between databases, our website and external partner websites.
- Work closely with our organizing team and parent leaders on community organizing campaigns to ensure that online communications complement and are being effectively integrated with offline communications, as well as making sure that organizers and parent leaders are able to leverage technology tools for effective outreach and engagement.
Manage the website on an ongoing basis including:
- Overseeing day-to-day operation of website, including all maintenance and updates of web content as needed.
- Acting as main technical contact for the websites, if problems arise, making corrections directly or delegating the task to external host/developer.
- Improving visibility and searchability of content across the website on an ongoing basis and search engine optimization.
- Keep all communications technology systems functioning and updated on a day-to-day basis including the website, CRM, email marketing systems and others.
- Manage and grow our Salesforce database, including setting standards and procedures for data entry and upload, and training staff.
- Oversee creative production and distribution of regular outbound emails, developing text and graphics templates and monitoring and updating e-mail database regularly to maintain and increase deliverability rates.
- Analyze the performance of digital campaigns and produce reports on lead acquisition, engagement and responsiveness.
- Stay current on online best practices and new technologies and techniques to suggest innovative new ways Innovate should use its online channels to increase its organizing impact and train other staff on implementing best practices.
- Lead or participate in special projects as directed by the executive director.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 2+ years of Internet-related work experience, preferably in online advocacy, campaigns or digital marketing.
- Passionate about Innovate Public School’s mission to initiate, support, and advocate for great public schools for low-income children and children of color in the greater Silicon Valley region.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially the ability to communicate and liaise effectively and diplomatically with colleagues, parents, vendors, consultants.
- Preferred, but not required: basic image editing and graphic design skills, ideally including familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS.
(FULL-TIME / EXEMPT)
This position is based in San Jose, CA.
The work environment characteristics and the physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while successfully performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the person in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.
Submit a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and what you would bring to Innovate Public Schools. Send cover letter and resume as a single Word document to email@example.com.
Innovate Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer.
Application deadline: Open until filled.