INNOVATE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Effective Date: April 18, 2016
By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy, which are incorporated by reference into this Policy and include applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes.
What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. Certain areas and features of our Site and Services allow you to register with us. To register you must provide your email address. We also may collect additional optional information from you, including first name, last name, zip code, mobile number, SMS opt-in, organization or school, title; however, you are not required to provide us with this information. The amount and type of information that INNOVATE PUBLIC SCHOOLS gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for our newsletter to provide their first name, last name, zip code and email address.
Surveys and other Participatory Questionnaires. From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys, contests or questionnaires. Participation in these requests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). Contact information will be used to notify the participants. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use of and satisfaction with this Site, products and other services and developing new sites and services.
SMS. Parents can sign up to receive SMS alerts from us. Like most SMS operators, INNOVATE PUBLIC SCHOOLS collects personally-identifying information, such as mobile number, date and time of message, and message content. Additionally when provided by the user, other information like name and zip code is collected to personalize services.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To send you education alerts, news, newsletters and other information, including, with your consent, SMS messages.
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- To assist us in advertising on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services, as well as our offerings, and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Other Site Visitors. Your user name and any information that you post to our Site, including, without limitation, reviews, comments, and text will be available to, and searchable by, all users of the Site and Services.
- Partners. We may from time to time share information about you (such as name and email) with third party partners who may contact you.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we merge with another entity, or if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for advertising, research or similar purposes. For example, INNOVATE PUBLIC SCHOOLS may collect and distribute statistics about the behavior of visitors to other organizations or individuals. INNOVATE PUBLIC SCHOOLS also may reveal how many members have purchased goods or services; or, may disclose the popularity of specific website articles.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Sites to track the activities of visitors to our Sites, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage of our Sites. We may also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our clients, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Plug-ins and Social Media Widgets
SMS or Mobile
Parents can sign up to receive SMS alerts from us. Users will only receive messages if they have specifically opted in for them; standard text message rates will apply. For information about how to control, amend or stop SMS messages from us, please review our SMS Policy at https://innovateschools.org/sms.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may update or delete your account registration information with us by logging in with your username and password and making the change, or by emailing us at, firstname.lastname@example.org. We will maintain a copy of your information for a time as part of our business records, and as needed
We take precautions to protect your information, and have implemented security measures to protect the information we collect. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
If you are a registered user of INNOVATE PUBLIC SCHOOLS’, or have supplied us your email address, INNOVATE PUBLIC SCHOOLS may occasionally send you an email message to tell you about new products and services, solicit your feedback, update you on changes, or inform you on the latest happenings within the industry. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Site and Services are designed for parents, not children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
This website and messages from INNOVATE PUBLIC SCHOOLS contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of any other website that collects personally identifiable information.